Sunday, November 3, 2013

Magic

I've always described myself as "magic" because I honestly have no explanation of where my confidence comes from. My past includes severe abuse, both physical and verbal, which targeted my size and shape. To this day, my parents (my father especially) bribes me with money to lose weight. Even with diet talk circling my ears and fat stereotypes driving jokes into the ground, I've managed to stay resilient.  I must have cast a spell on myself because I can look in the mirror, gawk at my beauty, and successfully manage to drown out the sound of my "loved" ones' judgement. My newest journey and project is going to be figuring out where I harness my power of confidence from. That's going to be the real trick. It's important to understand why we love the bodies we live in so that we can continue to grow as confident, mystically strong beings.

Now, let's talk about how proud I am to be wearing a full ASOS outfit!


Blouse- ASOS
Jacket- ASOS
Skirt & Belt- ASOS
Shoes - H&M 


I've been waiting to buy this skater skirt for over a year now. I've heard a lot of review saying that the shirt was too short, and I was really worried. I have only a crack where a butt should be, so I don't seem to have that problem. It is long enough that I can wear bike shorts underneath without them poking through at the bottom. I fluctuate between a size 18 and 20, and ordered it in the 20. If sitting on my true waist, it's a perfect fit. I've never been so excited for an article of clothing that actually met it's expectations. Thank you, ASOS, for making all my flirty skater skirt dreams come true.


I especially love the photo above because it's my fat from the side. It's really hard to get a shot from the side that looks nice, but this outfit is so great, it works at any angle! 


The lace work on this blouse is unbelievably adorable. I keep saying that I own too much lace, because it's the biggest trend out there, but DANG how could I not? Some trends are worth the repetition. 


Lilgrrrlcreep xoxo


7 comments:

  1. I love this look! It's so perfect.

    I've been looking for shoes like that forever. I have wide feet and can't seem to find any.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I swear, try the H&M ones! I hate to put it this way, but the material is so cheap that they stretch out nicely. I have size 9 chubby feet and they are kind of a perfect fit. Still trying to figure out how to fix that I-dont-wear-socks-with-these smell, though.

      Delete
  2. You Look Fabulous!!!! I always said you have the best sense of fashion.. Keep it going!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always said? <3_<3 hearts in my eyes! Thank you! :)

      Delete
  3. Lace forever!!! You look delightful :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. would you be able to post a link to the skater skirt from the asos website? Many thanks x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://us.asos.com/ASOS-CURVE-Exclusive-Tailored-Skater-Skirt-With-Belt/yrkh4/?iid=2377876&mporgp=L0FTT1MtQ3VydmUvQVNPUy1DVVJWRS1FeGNsdXNpdmUtVGFpbG9yZWQtU2thdGVyLVNraXJ0LVdpdGgtQmVsdC9Qcm9kLw..

      Delete